Meeting Minutes 3-20-14

Mid-City Security District

Regular Meeting Minutes

March 20, 2014

First NBC

4011 Canal St.

New Orleans, Louisiana 70119

Commissioners Present: Jim Olsen, Chairman; Jody Waltz, Secretary (6:33PM); Ben Markey; Harley Winer; Ben Misko  (Quorum)

Commissioners Absent: None

Guests: Jeanne Ward; Sgt. Sam Palumbo, Sr.;  Della Hasselle;  Josef Wright; Elizabeth Pape, OIG; Nadiene VanDyke, OIG; Joe Laura;  Byron Cornelison; Brad Cousins


Start of Meeting 6:30PM

Call to order by Jim Olsen


MOTION: To approve February20th  meeting minutes

  • Winer 1st, Misko 2nd
  • No opposition/ unanimous approval/ motion carries.

Presentation by the City’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) on Model Board Policies and Procedures


Camera Project – Council members would like status of project.  Waltz is still awaiting response from ProjectNOLA.  He will email again to get pricing information previously requested.  Waltz presented SafeCamNOLA, a database of existing camera systems and locations managed by the N.O. Police and Justice Foundation for use by the NOPD in the investigative process.  There is no cost associated with SafeCamNOLA.  ACTION ITEM: Markey will look into promoting SafeCamNOLA in upcoming mailer.


Activity Report given by Sgt. Sam Palumbo

  •   General monthly and year-to-date statistics
  •      2617 calls for service, 557 assists, 102 citations, 237 warnings, 35 calls and 15 escorts, 544 Residence Checks, 1359 Business Checks.

New vehicle put into service on March 20th.  8th vehicle order in progress.  One vehicle will be cycled out of service for

repairs to doors.

Harley spoke with Fred Radtke with Operation Clean Sweep regarding graffiti cleanup.  He will communicate with him again next week.


MOTION: To accept the proposal for the installation of one license plate reading camera system under the pretense that the vendor is approved by the City of NO

  • Winer 1st, Markey 2nd (Misko absent for vote)
  • No opposition/ unanimous approval/ motion carries.


Olsen updated on Assessor’s Office and change to legislation governing MCSD.   The Bill needs to be provided to the State legislature now.  MCSD can amend the resolution up to some time in August.


Council members Guidry and Cantrell have recommended a survey available to the District for recommendations, possibly to be included on the website.  Olsen will get with Beuerman regarding this request.


Next meeting:  April 17, 2014.


MOTION: To adjourn

  •  1st Winer, 2nd Misko
  •  None opposed/all approved/motion for Adjournment carries


Meeting ended at 7:31PM.


JeffLoquistMeeting Minutes 3-20-14