- Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes
- Review of ResidentsWho Did Not Receive Newsletter
- Status Update from Sgt. Stevens
- Status of Laptops for Cars
- Procedure to Handle Reports of No One Answering a District Phone Number
- Survey Results
- Website Cost
These minutes are approved.
Also in attendance: None
Motion by Ms. Henderson to approve meeting minutes from October. Seconded by Ms. Richard. Unanimous approval.
Residents Who Did Not Receive the Newsletter
- 215 N. Salcedo
- Person on Cleveland
- Some residents are receiving theirs later than others.
- We printed extra magnets and newsletters, about 50 or 60 so we can cover those who were missed.
Update on Stats From Ronnie
- The number of arrests has remained stable, however more key arrests were made recently, including some significant arrests that will take care of persistent issues.
- Key arrests include a woman who was picked up and identified in connection with a number of burglaries. That arrest also led to finding a store where a great deal of stolen property was being sold. The store is located just outside Mid-City. The arrest connected burglaries on S. Salcedo, Iberville, Baudin and other locations in Mid-City.
- Another key arrest included MCSD officers catching perpetrators immediately after a possible armed robbery in progress. Officers recovered the gun that was used and the money that had been stolen in the armed robbery itself.
- MCSD officers are making about 2 arrests per day – Ronnie feels that the arrests have been critical arrests that will improve the safety of the area.
- Reports of activity at the Car Wash continues. NOPD had been watching it but will monitor it again per requests of neighbors.
Status of Laptops for Cars
- The motion was already approved in a past meeting to put the laptops into the officer’s cars. Becker will need to cut a check for the laptops so that those can be ordered and installed.
- Ronnie will request the laptops be ordered now.
Procedure to handle reports of patrols not answering phones
- Ronnie calls the officers when there is a report of no answer. Ronnie is double checks the trip sheet and cell phones cases where there has been a report of no response to a call from a neighbor.
- Susan or Romney will check the PO box for surveys that have come in.
- MCSD should be paying the nominal fee for hosting the website.
- Corey will determine the cost of the website and present that to the board for consideration.
MOTION to adjourn by Ms. Henderson at 7:12 p.m. Seconded by Ms. Richard. Unanimous approval.